That Video Game Podcast
November 22, 2017, 09:30:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Don't forget to follow TVGP on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/tvgp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Episode 007  (Read 17523 times)
Boston
TVGP Host
739 Million Posts

View Profile WWW
« on: September 20, 2010, 03:35:37 AM »

Episode Page: http://dynamicsoundtrack.com/2010/09/20/dynamic-soundtrack-episode-007/
Running Time:30:08

Thanks for listening!
austin128
739 Million Posts

Honkey be trippin' on my idiosyncratic drollery.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 01:15:20 PM »

Hey I'm not done with the episode but I wanted to let you know real quick that Mirror's Edge has Shank as its title.

Honkey be trippin' on my atypical dereliction of hominid-engendered vesture.
sajin komamura700
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 03:40:08 PM »

i loved over the moon
Boston
TVGP Host
739 Million Posts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 04:57:39 PM »

Hey I'm not done with the episode but I wanted to let you know real quick that Mirror's Edge has Shank as its title.

I knew if I hurried I'd miss something.  Thanks! Cheesy
austin128
739 Million Posts

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 05:32:32 PM »

I knew if I hurried I'd miss something.  Thanks! Cheesy
No problem bud!  Grin

TheHanna
739 Million Posts

The Nozzle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 09:39:31 PM »

Finally got a chance to sit down and listen to this. The music this week was stellar. First of all, thank you for introducing me to Anamanaguchi. I have a feeling I'll be listening to them for quite a while. I really, REALLY enjoyed the comparison between the two Matt Uelmen songs. Both were killer tracks. Ending on some jazz from The Saboteur was a great way to cap off the episode, too.

I know you were in a rush to get the show out this week, but I really liked the off the cuff style quite a bit; it was almost DJ-esque. Perhaps you'll incorporate some more of this into the show? Instead of worrying about writing a full script before doing the show, do one or two takes of what you want to say between tunes, and script that into one final take for a bit of polish?

Even rushed out, it was an awesome episode this week.

Please do not be alarmed. We are about to engage... The Nozzle.
austin128
739 Million Posts

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 09:58:14 PM »

Finally got a chance to sit down and listen to this. The music this week was stellar. First of all, thank you for introducing me to Anamanaguchi. I have a feeling I'll be listening to them for quite a while. I really, REALLY enjoyed the comparison between the two Matt Uelmen songs. Both were killer tracks. Ending on some jazz from The Saboteur was a great way to cap off the episode, too.

I know you were in a rush to get the show out this week, but I really liked the off the cuff style quite a bit; it was almost DJ-esque. Perhaps you'll incorporate some more of this into the show? Instead of worrying about writing a full script before doing the show, do one or two takes of what you want to say between tunes, and script that into one final take for a bit of polish?

Ditto. Really liked the more laid-back feel to your DJ-ing. Also really liked the Mirror's Edge song.

You were talking about "Still Alive" in the Mirror's Edge segment, is that different from the Portal one?  Huh

Boston
TVGP Host
739 Million Posts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 04:08:00 AM »

Thanks! Cheesy  I'll look into integrating more non-script stuff into future episodes, it was kinda fun doing it.  Maybe I'll do an entire episode like a radio DJ with bumper music and everything Tongue

Ditto. Really liked the more laid-back feel to your DJ-ing. Also really liked the Mirror's Edge song.

You were talking about "Still Alive" in the Mirror's Edge segment, is that different from the Portal one?  Huh

Yeah, it's a different song.  Here's the Mirror's Edge one:

I think it's a good song, but I like the slowed down, more calm version in the episode, personally. 
austin128
739 Million Posts

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 10:18:36 AM »

Yeah, it's a different song.  Here's the Mirror's Edge one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERyxFfMqDk

I think it's a good song, but I like the slowed down, more calm version in the episode, personally. 

Ok thanks Boston. And I like the slowed-down one too.

Rakarr
Farming Queen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 02:14:58 PM »

Great episode that I've listened to probably a half dozen times at least already. I'll say I don't care for the Scott Pilgrim songs, but still love the music in this episode.

Keep up the good work Boston Wink

chris5235
Farming Queen

Seabeasts

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 11:38:41 AM »

This was a really great episode.  Until this episode I wouldn't have believed that borderlands had music let alone good music. The Scott Pilgrim songs were amazing in those rosy nostalgic kind of way.  Each episode I am schooled in the ways of the video game soundtrack.  Thanks again.

Gamertag: Shaplazz (360 & PS3)

Sedition
Straight Ridiculous

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 12:13:10 PM »

have not listened but if there is no james bond music it will be an EPIC FAIL

Boston
TVGP Host
739 Million Posts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 01:29:30 PM »

Great episode that I've listened to probably a half dozen times at least already. I'll say I don't care for the Scott Pilgrim songs, but still love the music in this episode.

Keep up the good work Boston Wink

Thanks! Cheesy

This was a really great episode.  Until this episode I wouldn't have believed that borderlands had music let alone good music. The Scott Pilgrim songs were amazing in those rosy nostalgic kind of way.  Each episode I am schooled in the ways of the video game soundtrack.  Thanks again.

I was also pleasantly surprised with the Borderlands soundtrack when I bought it.  I didn't remember any music in the game outside of the intro and I was really happy with the soundtrack overall. 

Happy to hear I can share great music with you Cheesy

have not listened but if there is no james bond music it will be an EPIC FAIL

Haha, I tried to find some good music in time for the episode, but couldn't.  The Goldeneye tracks were too short and not very interesting outside of the game, so I couldn't really use those.  I'd definitely be down for playing some Bond tracks on the show if anyone has any suggestions for what games had great soundtracks.
musim
The Most Correctest - 2016
Tensei'd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 08:07:07 AM »

Gotta tell you its good to hear someone else say Anamanaguchi out loud. 

I totally used to be able to play the first part of that Diablo song on guitar and now I absolutely have to remember. 
Man I loved that game.  I wish it wasn't so hard to go back and play it. 

Mirror's Edge was such a good game simply for the sound and visual aesthetic alone.  I keep wanting to go back and play through it again but the controls are so hard to get down again. 

Boston
TVGP Host
739 Million Posts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 01:06:07 PM »

Gotta tell you its good to hear someone else say Anamanaguchi out loud. 

I figure that if I just jump into it and pronounce it with gusto, even if it's wrong, then nobody can be too mad Tongue

I totally used to be able to play the first part of that Diablo song on guitar and now I absolutely have to remember. 
Man I loved that game.  I wish it wasn't so hard to go back and play it. 

I fired it back up a while ago (when D3 was announced?) and it's pretty easy to get working (Blizzard has a modern launcher).  It's just so bad looking, not only because of newer monitors, but the max resolution is so low.  Must be hard for someone to go in there and make a mod that expands the res. 
JZee
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2013, 08:25:12 AM »

Workin my way through these, and good GOD was this a good episode.

Gonna be pretty sad when I get to the last episode, that's for sure.

One other thing: Anamanaguchi has full albums you can buy in iTunes or wherever.  Pretty great stuff IMO
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: